Saturday, January 14, 2012

Spinach and Sweet corn soup



Today my hubby wanted  to have something hot  and little bit spicy to beat this chilly winter noon and my son is also unwell so i wanted to prepare something which both of them can have. so when i opened my fridge and i got these 2 vegies. For the first time i tried this combo in my soup and it was a really good. I had prepared only 6 bowls of this soup and everybody wanted to have more.I really felt very bad especially for my son.So next time when i prepare this make sure to make  double the quantity . 
My daughter's exams are  going on so her friend was here for combined studies.I offered her the soup and you know what did she say"its much  more better then that of packet soup".  She really made my day.So thought of sharing this simple,yummy and quick soup with you.It hardly take 15 mins to prepare.

Ingredients:-
Sweet corn(frozen)-1 cup
spinach-2 cups( chopped)
spring onion-1/2 cup chopped
garlic-1 big pod(chopped finely)
ginger-1inch piece( chopped)
pepper-2tsp(crushed)
maida-2tsp
butter-3tsp
milk-2cups
Method:-

  • Boil sweet corn for 5mins or cook till tender.
  • In the mean time chop both the vegetables, garlic and ginger and keep aside.
  • Take a deep sauce pan and add 1tsp of butter.
  • Saute white part of the spring onion along with giner and garlic.
  • Now add spinach and crushed pepper. Saute for  about 2mins.
  • Add Maida and 2tsp of butter and fry again for a min.
  • Now slowly add  in milk and bring it to boil.
  • Take half of the boiled  sweet corn and blend it in a blender just for a second.
  • Now add the same along with the remaining sweet corn to the sauce and bring it to boil .
  • Once it is done switch of the fire and serve hot.
  • you can have it with garlic toast.



1 comments: